Certified Agile Project Management Foundation & Practitioner [AgilePM]
4 Day Course
This course provides attendees with an understanding of how the Agile project management process can enable planning, management and control of successful Agile projects.
This foundation-level course has been designed to give attendees a knowledge and understanding of Agile project management to a point where they can explain how an Agile project is delivered as well as understand the organisational and cultural challenges that face Agile adoption.
The practitioner-level course has been designed to give the delegate a knowledge and understanding of Agile project management to apply and tailor it to a given scenario situation. It provides delegates with an understanding of how the Agile project management process can enable planning, management and control of successful Agile projects.
This course will be delivered by Vic Page, the Chief Examiner of the APMG AgilePM certification.
Syllabus and Agenda
The course follows the official APMG Agile project management syllabus. During the 4 days you will have ample opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics:
- What is Agile? choosing an appropriate Agile approach
- Philosophy, principles and project variables
- Preparing for success
- The DSDM process, products & lifecycle
- The people – Agile roles and responsibilities
- Key practices - Prioritisation and time-boxing
- Planning and control throughout the lifecycle
- Other practices - Facilitated workshops, modelling, and iterative development
- Roles and responsibilities – the PM view
- Agile project management – through the lifecycle
- The effective use of the products
- Deliver on time – Combining MoSCoW prioritisation and timeboxing
- People, teams and interactions
- Requirements and user stories
- Estimating – How and when
- Project planning through the lifecycle
- Quality – Never compromise quality
- Risk management
- Tailoring the approach
This course is a ideal for Agile Practitioners of all levels and roles:
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Change Analysts
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Systems Analysts
- Agile Developers
The Foundation exam is sat at the end of day 3 and the Practitioner exam is sat at the end of day 4. A pass is required in order to achieve the certification.
Trainer: Vic Page
Vic is an Accredited Kanban Practitioner, a Certified Scrum Master, a Certified DSDM Atern trainer, a certified Agile Project Management trainer and a SAFe trainer. He is a committee member of the Agile Methods Specialist Group at the BCS, former Director of the Agile Business Consortium and chief examiner for Agile Project Management at APMG.
Vic worked for BT from 1979 to 1997. His projects included the development of the Syncordia Billing System and various CRM systems for BT Europe.
He made the move to Academia in 1997. Some of the areas he lectured on were Agile Development (DSDM and Scrum), Database Systems, Information Systems, Project Management, Software Quality Assurance and Research Methods.
Agile Certifications & Accreditations:
- Accredited Kanban Practitioner
- Certified Agile Business Analysis Trainer
- Certified Agile Project Management Trainer
- Certified DSDM Advanced Practitioner
- Certified DSDM Coach and Trainer
- Certified Scrum Master
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Program Consultant
£1,295 + VAT per person (limited early bird & group discounts available)